We collect information to make your online experience better with us and save you time and money.
We ensure that our communications and interactions are accessible to people with disabilities as well. To make accessibility-related requests, please contact us at email@example.com.
Note: The customers, subscribers, users, and website visitors of the website https://citizens-table.ca/ are referred to as “You,” “Yours,” “Customers.”
Why We Collect Your Information
The following are examples of how we collect, use, and share the information we collect from you to help us create a better, safer experience on our website.
- Personalized ads, offers, relevant data, and other communications, from Citizens Table and/or our marketing partners (as defined in “How We Share Your Information”), including how to save on items you buy most often from our website or that you might like based on your previous interests
- Personalized experiences and content on our website and email
- Product recall notifications to help you and your family stay safe
- Responses to your applications, comments, requests, and questions for career opportunities
- Our delivery of products and services that improve your digital experience with us
- Developing new, better services, subscription plans, and products to meet your needs
- Our understanding of your use of our website, services, and products
- Your satisfaction with our services, subscription plans, and products
- Our management of customer support cases
- The analysis and performance of our services, products, and digital experience, and finding ways to make them better
- Payment processed securely
- Orders fulfillment correctly
- The property rights or other rights of our customers, associates, and Company
- Your data, privacy, and devices against fraudulent, deceptive, malicious, or illegal activities, and prosecute those responsible for such acts
- Legal compliance for the purchase of some specific products/services or where otherwise required by law
How We Use Information We Collect
We use the categories of personal data described in the section “What Personal Information We Collect” to support the following use cases:
- To send marketing communications such as discounts, special offers, and personalized promotions
- To provide product/service functionality that you have requested (such as fulfilling subscription services, making online payments, etc.)
- To communicate with you about purchases, orders, contests, services, and accounts
- To respond to your communications with us
- To assist you with customer support requests and inquiries
- To complete e-commerce transactions
- To deliver promotions and advertisements to you when you’ve visited our website or otherwise engaged with us online
- To display interest-based advertisements for products/services/promotions, and other business activities you may be interested in
- To develop statistics on engagement with our online properties and measuring how well our promotional and marketing activities perform
- To identify and prevent identity theft or fraud
- To maintain appropriate records for internal administrative and other business purposes
- To facilitate the functionality of our website and its services
- To provide notice of product recalls
- To perform management, employment, basic applicant functions including the information collection necessary to mitigate public health risks in our facilities, or for the resolution of safety investigations
- To provide third parties with certain personal information to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help our market or advertise relevant products and services to you; when we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws
- Other purposes as described to you at the time
How We Collect Your Information
What Personal Information We Collect
Here are the categories of personal information we may collect from you or about you. All categories may not be collected about every individual.
- Unique Personal Identifiers that may include but aren’t limited to your legal name or preferred alias, online identifiers like user account name, state and federal government ID number (where required), and your signature Demographic Information like your level of education, type of employment, or other demographic information shared with us through third parties, such as social media or publicly available sources
- Contact Information such as your email or postal address and phone number
- Financial and Payment Information such as credit and debit card numbers
- Behavioral Information such as your purchase and transaction histories, geolocation data, IP address collected from your computers and mobile devices, and information about what you do online, including your interactions with our social media posts
- Inferences we make about you like demographic interest segments that we believe are relevant to you and your household based on analysis of other information we’ve collected
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state or federal law, such as gender and nationality
- Call center recordings or monitoring records from our customer contact centers
- Other types of personal information that we may disclose to you prior to the point of the first collection
There’s also some personal information that you voluntarily share with us. This includes information used to create an account on our website, or where required by law. For example:
- Name, address, phone number, and email address
- Payment information
- Communication and shopping preferences
- An encrypted version of your password
If you’re an employee or job applicant on our website, we may collect additional information, including employment information, such as occupation, title, licenses, professional memberships, and other information to perform basic employment and management functions, including distributing payroll and providing benefits. If you’re applying for a job, we may collect contact information about you during the course of your application for employment such as contact information to correspond with you concerning potential employment opportunities and other information such as background information and your employment qualifications and history.
Our website is for a general audience and isn’t geared toward children. We don’t knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 16 without the prior consent of a parent or guardian. If you believe your child may have disclosed personal information to us, please contact our customer care executives by dropping an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect some information when you visit our website, when you use our online services, or view our online advertisements. The information we may collect falls into three different main categories: (1) information you give us; (2) information we collect from you automatically; and (3) information we collect from other sources. These other sources may be service providers, data brokers, consumer research firms, publicly available sources, or other third parties with whom you interact or do business. For example, when you connect to our website or mobile app through a third party, we may collect information from their website. For example, if you choose to associate your social media identity with Citizens Table, the site may provide us with certain information from your social media account as permitted by your account settings.
Personal Information from Multiple Sources
We may collect this information and link it to other information we already know about you. For example, when you’re logged in to our website or use our mobile app, we may link the device IDs or types to your account to understand your online activity so we can provide a better experience.
This includes pages you visit on our website, items you add to your online shopping list, coupons you download and redeem from us, and purchase information. In addition, we may collect information when you use our mobile app, including device location (if you choose to turn this feature on).
Cookies, Web Beacons, and Other Technologies
When you visit our website, access our mobile app, or open one of our emails, we may automatically collect information about you using device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies, including:
- Internet Protocol address
- Unique device or user ID
- System and browser type
- Referring website address
- Content and pages you access on our website or mobile app
- Dates, times, and locations when actions take place
Like other online advertising providers, we use this technology for system administration and troubleshooting, to identify you so we can enhance your online experience, and to deliver interest-based advertising. Our sites don’t respond to browser Do-Not-Track signals. These cookies are often collected by or otherwise shared with service providers as well as third-party advertising partners, as described further in our “About Advertising” section below.
One form of cookie we may use is associated with Google Analytics advertising. Our participation in the Google Analytics program will enable Google to collect non-personally-identifying information about your usage of our website and the Internet.
You can also manage your cookie preferences by visiting your browser’s settings.
How We Share Your Information
We share the information we collect within Citizens Table, with our affiliates, marketing partners, service providers, and other third parties.
We may share data with third parties for the following business purposes:
- Within Citizens Table and with our affiliates: We may share your information within our company and our subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purposes of decision making, reporting, management, analysis, promoting product and service offerings, and other business purposes
- Service Providers: We may share your information with our service providers who provide us support services such as hosting our website, postal delivery, and electronic mail, mobile messages, product, and service delivery, conducting analysis to improve our products and website, fulfilling orders you place, managing payments, and answering your questions. Service providers only use the information they receive from us for the purposes we hired them for; we don’t allow them to retain, use, disclose, or otherwise handle the data for their own purposes.
- Marketing Partners: We may share your information to display online, mobile, or other advertising based on your purchases, activity on websites, and preferences you share with us so we can provide you with promotions and special offers that may interest you. We may also share information with marketing partners to help us analyze data and provide more relevant, personalized communications to you, sometimes combined with other sources.
For Advertising Purposes
We may use your purchase history to help Citizens Table and other third-party brands present advertisements that are more relevant to you on Citizens Table and third-party websites and other digital media channels. We won’t increase the number of ads you see but instead will help deliver more personalized advertisements and offerings to you.
We create a customized and engaging customer experience on our website by personalized displaying advertisements. Interest-based ads (also sometimes called “personalized” or “targeted” ads) are displayed to you based on information collected from your online interactions across multiple websites that you visit, or across multiple devices you may use, to predict your preferences and show you ads that are most likely to be of interest to you. To provide you with relevant content and offers that may be useful to you, we may partner with third-party companies to display content, offers, or advertising that’s tailored to your interests based on how you browse and shop on both Citizens Table-owned and operated sites and other sites. These third-party companies use information and technologies such as browser type, hardware or software information, cookies, session ID, time or date, click-stream information, or static IP addresses.
We may provide information to third-party companies that display purchase-based or interest-based ads. In addition, others (advertisers and ad networks, ad serving companies, or other service providers) may infer user interests or purchase history based on interactions with, or clicks on, personalized ads or content.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement and maintain reasonable security practices and procedures appropriate to the nature of the information we maintain, including appropriate technical, administrative, and physical procedures to prevent the loss, misuse, or alteration of your information online and offline. That way, access to data is limited using technological safeguards. We also comply with payment card industry data security standards for the processing of credit and debit card transactions. Only our associates who need the information to perform a specific job are granted permission to access our customers’ data. Associates who violate customer privacy safeguards are subject to disciplinary action, including termination.
It is your responsibility to select a strong password, not reuse or share your password, and alert us if you have any concerns about the unauthorized use of your account. We encourage you to use complex passwords and to change them regularly.
Retention of Personal Information
We store the personal information we’ve collected from or about you:
- Where you’ve created an account on our website or our mobile app; and
- Long enough to enable us to contact you with recalls and other safety-related information that relates to products you’ve bought from us
Your Choices, Privacy Rights, and Communication Preferences
We understand that our customers are individuals, and communication preferences will vary by customer. That’s why we offer you the ability to manage what types of communications you receive from us, and the ability to manage or change your preferences. Here’s how you can do so:
Email, Mobile, and Online Communications
If you have an online account with us, you can manage your subscriptions to email, mobile, and online communication programs via your Account Settings.
You can control your exposure to the most interest-based advertising by visiting the relevant site. For example, websites (such as Facebook) offer the ability to opt-out of interest-based advertising directly on their sites. Please allow a reasonable amount of time for any changes to take effect.
Our customer support executives are ready to take your requests. If you have any questions, privacy requests, or complaints about how we collect, use, share, or otherwise handle your personal information, you can reach us via email at email@example.com.